C&C Gaming Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House 'Rules'

Go down

House 'Rules' Empty House 'Rules'

Post  Sakusammakko Sun 05 Apr 2009, 23:08

This list will be amended as we agree upon our style of play and as we run into real playing situations.

A work in progress...

1) Character Creation
2) Innate Personal Ability
3) Experience Points
4) Levelling Up

Character Creation
* 4d6, drop lowest die for ability scores
* Max HPs for level 1
* Choose starting equipment and submit for approval
* Starting GP according to DM discretion
* PHB classes allowed are Fighter, Rogue, Wizard, Cleric and Bard; for Ranger, Assassin, Barbarian, Monk, Illusionist, Druid and Paladin, please read the Campaign Notes thread and consult the GM; Knights are out
* PHB races allowed are Humans and Halflings; for Dwarves, Elves and Gnomes, please read the Campaign Notes thread and consult the GM; Half-Orcs and Half-Elves are out.

Innate Personal Ability
Each new PC receives an innate personal ability that confers some small benefit to their character. It is randomly chosen from a list I've built. So far, all of the abilities are positive, though I could create a 'drawback' list that offers additional RP opportunities... After all, there are many things in life that we can't normally choose-- e.g. our parents, our genes (our favorite team ?), so it makes sense that perhaps our PCs have some innate ability that they haven't chosen.

Experience Points
PCs will receive XPs for the following:
* Gold
* Monsters
* Role Playing
* Sale/Use of Equipment, Magical Items
* Skillful Play

Finding treasure and killing bad guys will be a good motivation for adventuring, but skillful playing of your PCs will also be rewarded. This turns up not only when you interact with NPCs, but also when you go to sell or use magical and non-magical items. Let me explain. You will receive XPs for everything you sell. If a PC chooses to use a magical item, though, that individual will receive the XPs for its use.

As players, your PCs should be prepared to negotiate everything as the GPs you receive have a direct impact on your XPs. If there is a bounty, why not ask for more or better terms? If you need to sell or buy something, can you get a better price? If a player in the party is particularly good at this, you may wish to have them handle negotiations-- regardless of character abilities. If your PC has a high CHA or a persuasive personality, be sure to bring this to my attention and I may allow it to sway the NPC's attitude in a negotiation. Especially, if these abilities are combined with effective RP. Finally, if there are elements of the story where the party demonstrate exceptionally skillful play-- puzzles solved, etc.-- additional XPs will be awarded.

Revised Levelling Up Options
Note: This is still a work in progress.

a) Receive BtH increase & below-average HPs (100gp) If a player achieves a new level, they can level up immediately by paying 100gp. They will receive their BtH increase and below- average HPs -- i.e. 2 for d4, 3 for d6, 4 for d8, 5 for d10, 6 for d12. The PC will not receive their class abilities for the new level. A PC can gain their new class ability only when they pay the training costs in option C below.

b) Receive BtH increase & above-average HPs (250gp) If a player spends the amount required, they can get above-average HPs for their class-- i.e. 3+1 for d4, 4+1d2 for d6, 5+1d3 for d8, 6+1d4 for d10, 7+1d5 for d12. (I've adjusted this cost again. This is the most contentious section and requires finding the correct cost. We're going to start here.)

c) Receive class abilities (250gp/level) To reflect the training costs of acquiring a new class ability, the PC must pay to receive each new class ability or bonus. In the event that the player is unable or unwilling to pay these costs when levelling up, they can be acquired later.

Gold needed (250/level): e.g. 500gp for level 2 abilities, 750gp for level 3 abilities, etc. (The idea will remain in place, but the cost may change. We'll start here.)

d) Receive new arcane spells (200gp/spell level) Arcane spellcasters must pay for the training and transcription costs of acquiring new spells.

Gold needed (200/ spell level): e.g 200gp for 1st level spells, 400 for 2nd level spells, etc.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Name: The Judge
Race:

https://candc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down