C&C Gaming Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaigning FAQs

Go down

Campaigning FAQs Empty Campaigning FAQs

Post  Sakusammakko Sat 16 Oct 2010, 12:07

How does the in-game calendar work?

Each gaming session begins and ends in Gordon village (for now). All of the action for that session is assumed to take one day. In the role-playing votes thread I post each session's in-game date.

Most game sessions take place the following day in the campaign world. That is, when we played on October 3rd 2010, it was February 2nd in the campaign. It was only February 3rd when we played our next session on October 10th.

I will be advancing the in-game calendar by 1-3 days going forward. For example, our session on October 16th will be February 6th in the campaign.

What happens to my character between sessions?

That is up to you. You can tell me what your character wants to do, and if there's time, I can tell you the result.

If you have missed a few gaming sessions, you can fill in what your PC has been doing for the last X days in the campaign. Maybe they went to Alba or Legio on some errand. Maybe they were recovering from wounds, fortifying their courage for their next time into the ruins, etc.

If you know you are going to miss a few sessions, you could also say what your PC will do while they aren't present.

How long does it take to get to Alba or Legio and back?

You can assume that you can go to Alba (the nearest town) in half a day, do some specific errand and return to Gordon by nightfall of the same day. So if you've missed a session, you will always be able to visit Alba (provided you can travel).

Legio requires 2 days for the roundtrip. This does not include the time you need in the city to conduct any errands. Your PC needs to have missed at least 3 campaign days for you them to have done anything in Legio.

Where do I get healing potions?

This isn't that kind of campaign exactly. They are not readily available.

First, you have to be creative about who might have healing available. Portable healing may not be so easy to find.

Priests are not 'Clerics' in this campaign. You can't go to a church and ask for a cure light wounds spell or a potion from a high-level cleric. They don't exist.

However, it may be possible to find folk healers in a village. The priests may be able to offer some kind of 'natural' healing remedies. These generally take place overnight and speed your recovery from wounds with rest.

Some natural healers or alchemists can prepare healing concoctions you can take with you, but these are only good for about 24 hours.

Some PCs may be able to provide healing to other characters who believe in their faith.

I want to buy (or sell) a common item. Can I?

Yes, you can. Tell me what you want to sell and where you want to sell it. I'll give you a price. You can accept or not.

Can I buy a hand crossbow?

Yes, you can. Note that these are considered to be thieves weapons and you have to take precautions. Anyone openly carrying one is looked upon with suspicion and would be bothered by the city guards immediately. Townsfolk and villagers might also take some kind of action.

Because of their dubious nature, their cost and availability varies depending on where you try to find them. They are less expensive and more easily available in Legio, more expensive and less easy to get in Alba and very expensive and difficult to obtain in Gordon.

If you want to find them, tell me where you're looking and I will give you a price and a date when you can have it (for a deposit).

I want to find silvered weapons. How do I do that?

These items are very expensive and very difficult to find. Once again, Legio is your best bet, followed by Alba and Gordon. You'll have to tell me which item you want and where you're looking and I'll give you a price and a date when you can get one (with a deposit).

I'm a [spellcaster]. Can I use leather armor and a crossbow?

Yes you may. Note that you will be unable to cast spells while using your armor and you will have a -4 non-proficiency penalty on the crossbow. If you continue to practice with the weapon, though, that penalty will decrease over time.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Name: The Judge
Race:

https://candc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum