C&C Gaming Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D Soundtrack

4 posters

Go down

D&D Soundtrack Empty D&D Soundtrack

Post  Sakusammakko Mon 19 Jul 2010, 21:50

I thought I'd start a new thread where you could post some of your favorite songs from your gaming playlist. Perhaps there are some new gems we can discover.

My D&D soundtrack has a variety of kinds of music from Classical to Blues to Alternative Rock.

Here are some favorites:

One Last Breath, Creed
The title and the chorus sing D&D, don't they?

Hold me now,
I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking
Maybe six feet ain't so far down

Bring Me to Life, Evanescence
This is such a brilliant song on so many levels. I imagine a female character begging not to be left behind.

Paralyzed, Rock Kills Kid
Change a few of the lyrics and it could describe a character's helplessness.

Animal I Have Become, Three Days Grace
I always think of a shapeshifting character or raging barbarian/berserker who is pleading for help, but perhaps resigned to accepting who they are

Are You With Me?, Vaux
A great song that makes me think of party unity.

It's Not My Time, 3 Doors Down
Sometimes fate has something else planned for your character.

Miss Murder, AGI
Meglomanic, Incubus
Cold Hard Bitch, Jet
Pain, Jimmy Eat World
Numb, Linkin Park
Slither, Velvet Revolver

Perhaps not entirely appropriate lyrics to D&D, but fun songs to have playing while playing.

Rising Son, Sturm und Drang
My favorite song from local Finnish boys that have had some recent success playing in the style of Judas Priest

Ramble On, Led Zeppelin
Renegade, Styx
Crossroads, Cream
All Along the Watchtower, U2

Appropriate classic rock

Born Under a Bad Sign, Albert King
Whiskey in the Jar, The Dubliners

Fun songs that always get me in the gaming mood

Enjoy!
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Name: The Judge
Race:

https://candc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

D&D Soundtrack Empty Re: D&D Soundtrack

Post  White-Devil Tue 20 Jul 2010, 11:56

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Chemical plant zone.
White-Devil
White-Devil

Back to top Go down

Post  Calavingian Sun 15 Aug 2010, 15:46

I listen to loads of music.

Anything by Damh the Bard (especially Spirit of Albion) is excellent for background music in an inn or tavern.

Man o' War - Call to Arms and Warriors of the World United are both really good for setting the tone for big battles (as in mass combat). Though just about all their songs have a martial/fantasy/mytholigical theme and can really get the blood going. But if you really want to get hearts pumping then try:

Clanadonia - The Ghael. Played on pipes and wardrums. Not available at the moment (its a cover) but listen to it on youtube. Awesome. Really pumps you up. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the best recording I can find. Alas. I listen to it before engaging in physical sports rugby, boxing whatever, to get me in the right place mentally. Best listened to with the dial turned right up.

The Medieval Babes - sing authentic medieval and reniassance music. Excellent for background music in temples, monestaries or high class banquets. Or indeed, in any elven or faerie setting.

Highland Cathedral (its a tune not a band) is another good one. Dozens of versions exist. Trying to find one where the first verse is a lone piper, the second a piper and a single drummer and where the whole band joins in for the last verse. Excellent for a melancholy lead-in to hopeless battles that must be fought, with a determination to win and even for funerals where the idea is to leave the mourners yearning for vengeance in battle.

Epica - their stuff with the Romanyi Ede Orchestra is best.
Never Enough
Palladium (with orchestra) - great tension builder. Very good for big fights against, say, a Dragon or powerful demon. No lyrics to provide distractions, but very, very tense music.
Cry for the Moon - Also good for longer fighter scenes (lasts seven minutes) to keep the pace going. The lyrics can be distracting though.
Ombra mai Fai (with orchestra) - dreamy and melancholy but with a hint of hope. Excellent for weddings and coronation scenes.
Sancta Terra - Excellently paced for despertae "rescue scenes" and battles.
Consign to Oblivion - twelve minutes long, with "demon-growl" lyrics that can be distracting but if used correctly, the pace and speed of the music and the length of the track can really keep a combat moving. Very heroic and fast paced. Another song that gives the impression of a desperate battle with high stakes for either side.
Unholy Trinity (orcehstral) - Chase music
Pirates of the Caribbean (orchestral medly)- Awesome. Just Awesome. fight music for any occassion.
Indigo - Funerals for a hero or "Medal ceremonies" at the end of a long campaign.

Dead Can Dance - remember the haunting female vocals from the Gladiator? Well thats the lead singer of this band.
Ariadne - Haunting. Beuatiful. Simple awesome. Hundreds of uses for this one. Travel Music. To invoke a sense of wonder at something mysterious and beuatiful rising from the desert.
Emmeilia- Monastic music.
Spirit Dance - Good for background music in tribal or desert cultures.

Azam Ali - The haunting female singer on the Kingdom of Heaven Soundtrack. She also does stuff with a band called Niyaz.

Nox Arcana - Blood of the Dragon. An entire album telling the story of a war against a Dragon. Gaming music designed by gamers for gamers. Quite good, except for the occasional (but always extremely cheesy) voiceovers. Alas, some of the tracks remind me a little of the music from Gamers and gamers II: Dorkness Rising. But once you get past the opening two or three tracks its really quite good.

Amina Annabi -
Hard to get in the UK. Shes a French/Iranian vocalist. Much of her work has a more cyperpunk or sci-fi feel, but some of it has a good fantasy feel.

Soundtracks: Last of the Mohicans, Last Samurai, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Battlestar Galactica (for sci-fi games), Mass Effect (also for Sci-fi), Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Crimson Tide, The Hunt for Red October, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, Babylon AD (sci-fi again), The Lord of the Rings trilogy (bit cheesy though)

Calavingian

C&C Character Sheet
Name: Rolland
Race: Human

http://dangerousbrian.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ragboy Tue 16 Nov 2010, 23:53

I'll add OST's for: Conan the Barbarian, Braveheart and Master and Commander.

Oh...and I agree that Pirates is probably the best among the soundtracks.

I don't usually use music when I play/run a game, but the Eberron CD that came with.... one of the books...isn't too bad. My kids love to listen to that one when we play.

ragboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum