C&C Gaming Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umeshti Adventure Notes

+2
tegeus
Sakusammakko
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty Umeshti Adventure Notes

Post  Sakusammakko Mon 19 Oct 2009, 19:17

A bit of meta-gaming here, but I want to make sure that you're having a good playing experience.

So how did things go this weekend from a gaming perspective?

I know it's never fun to see your PC go down. I probably had the NPCs try to save you too easily. I forgot to roll any kind of morale to see if they would flee in the face of so many adventurers on the floor. I figured the boatmen would want revenge (possible, but not certain. They ran from danger originally), Deakon would try to help Tenkar out of loyalty and Olli? Somehow cool under fire and using his wits to save you. Without you, he doesn't have the muscle to go on future flora & fauna expeditions.

Of course, too much NPC activity can be too intrusive for some players.

Your feedback is appreciated.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Name: The Judge
Race:

https://candc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty What next?

Post  Sakusammakko Mon 19 Oct 2009, 19:23

I want to get an early start on preparing what comes next. One week was a little too short to create something from scratch. Here are some things I envision, but you may choose to do anything you like. The sooner I know, the better prepared I can be.

1) After resting and recovering a bit by the riverbank, do you go back to town and recuperate? Do you suck it up and go back into the village? If you want to explore this village further, I'm happy to go on.

2) If you decide to go back to Redgorge and tell your tale of woe (after all, you'll have to explain what happened to Galaron), what then? I can find other adventure opportunities in the local area. A couple have sprung to mind.

3) Do you push on with the original plan, come what may? That is, head further into the jungle and seek Alek and the lost treasure. If you're ready to do that, fine.

Please discuss amongst yourselves here.

Thanks
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty Re: Umeshti Adventure Notes

Post  tegeus Thu 22 Oct 2009, 03:01

I think we want to show the spiders who is boss. I would like one more crack at them and this time I will not split up the group. Maybe the introduction of some fire to the party will get the spiders on the run.

But I think we are going to have to start back in Redgorge because the amount of rest needed to get us back up to full is going to take to long. It is time to pay for some divine intervention.

tegeus
tegeus
tegeus

C&C Character Sheet
Name: Cadfan
Race: Human

http://www.losttraveller.com

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty Next session

Post  morienglyndwr Sun 25 Oct 2009, 21:25

First of all, the site is acting up something aweful, but I am going to try to post this message anyway and see what happens. Second, about the game, I agree that we really should eliminate the spiders but probably need to return to town to regroup and heal before that attempt.

I am glad to hear that our firefighting friend wants to join. It was unfortunate that he had to leave so often, but I appreciate that nature of his work. I liked his style (from the bit I saw) and would like to have him back to see how he plays a bit more before making a final decision.

Just my 2 cents,
Russ (Alton)
morienglyndwr
morienglyndwr

C&C Character Sheet
Name: Alton Tosscobble
Race: Halfling

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty The arduous return to Redgorge

Post  Sakusammakko Wed 04 Nov 2009, 11:35

Olli managed to drag his travel companions to the jungle path leading back to the boat. What a mess. Most of the group were unconscious and suffering from high temperatures from the spiders' poison. Their breathing was shallow and the welts from the bites were swollen and turning purple. Alton was nowhere to be seen. Hopefully he'd had enough sense to stop running before he drowned in the river.

The young apothecary applied the last of his healing salves the best he could to tend to the wounds. He knew that he had to get the men and dwarves back to the relative safety of the boat before it got dark. The jungle would come alive with activity and it was best not to be injured and alone.

Olli eventually found the Halfling back at the boat-- shaken by the experience, but sufficiently recovered to help move the wounded and unconscious. With their supply of healing potions and spells now exhausted, how were they going to survive the night and get back to Redgorge?

Olli and the boatmen convinced the Delvers to set up for the night on the opposite shore. Even the task of poling across the river almost proved too much for their meager strength. They set up a defensive position around the boat and spent a restless night listening to the cacophony of the jungle. From the noise that carried over the murmur of the river it was clear that something had found traces of their presence from earlier in the day. Fortunately, nothing more came of it and they were able to face the dawn unmolested.

Normally, it might take a little more than 1/2 a day in favorable conditions to return upstream to Redgorge. Although the winds blew their sail in the right direction, few had much energy from the persistent vomiting to take the oars or the pole help speed their travel. Something about the distant stares of the boatmen told the Delvers that Frisk and Drath may have visited their village for the last time. They had been right to flee when the spiders came the first time and nothing they'd be able to do now would help them recover their families' remains.

Deakon, the young dwarf who so admired Tenkar, also looked unusually fatigued. One could speculate that watching the older dwarf go down and begin to be carried away by spiders was both traumatic and a revelation. Should you put your trust in heroes? Even those as special as Tenkar are vulnerable.

Nobody spoke much of Galaron. Perhaps everyone was thinking of the horror of having your life's juices sucked from you while still alive. Who would want to be left behind to suffer that fate? Did they have an obligation to find his remains and bring them to his family? If they found him, would they even recognize the husk that was left? A collective shudder went through the group.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty Rest and recuperation in Redgorge

Post  Sakusammakko Wed 04 Nov 2009, 12:24

The Delvers have spent the last week or so in the mining town recovering from their wounds and thinking through their recent experience. More importantly, they've revived their spirits and renewed their excitement for adventure. They feel they'll be much better prepared to take on spiders the next time around.

As may have been expected, Drath and Frisk have disappeared. In fact, they have sold off their boats and may have left town with a caravan headed for Cauldron. They too, it seems, have joined the trickle of borderland refugees slowly draining from Redgorge and the surrounding area.

Suribar -- so that's the apothecary's name!-- took the news of Galaron's death very seriously. The Delvers supposed that the blood money would cost the apothecary dearly. Catching large spiders has not been such easy business after all. Nevertheless, the apothecary took Olli aside to learn more about the spiders habits and reactions in order to concoct even better powders for combating the arachnids on future explorations.

Redgorge was saddened by the loss of another member of their community. Galaron's death not only left a hole in their militia it also deprives them of the smith's general handyman skills. The incident only proved to many that 'adventuring' in the jungle is a foolhardy business. Some dangers are better left undisturbed. Who among them has seen anyone get rich from what lies out there?

Although the townsfolk acknowledge that the blood money was paid and all obligations have been met, there is still a general sense of unease at the Delvers' presence. Yet again more of their number have been lured into the jungles and never seen again. It's true that the party haven't caused any disturbances among them, so they are left alone. It's better that no one catches 'Exploration Taint' or whatever their affliction is called.

Deakon has also recovered his spirits. He appears to be soaking up the lessons learned from the party's recent experiences and is eager to once again accompany Master Tenkar in his travels.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty Redgorge Rumors

Post  Sakusammakko Wed 11 Nov 2009, 21:40

The Delvers' extended return to Redgorge has given them the opportunity to learn more about the history of the area. These are some of the stories they've been told.

Many thousands of years ago, in a time before there were jungles and when magic was much more powerful and more common, a beautiful city existed in this region. The gods fought to be its patron and in the struggle, accidentally destroyed it. The destruction caused a large crater. Dwarves were the first to find the crater and exploit its riches, but retreated to their mountain lairs when climate changed the face of the region. The crater and the remnants of the city must still be out there.

Snake men ruled the jungles first. Nobody knows where they came from or how they came to be. They may never have existed as none have been seen. It is said that ancient humanoid ancestors of the tribes that live in the jungles now killed off these snake men. Are the ruins of their civilization out there and untouched?

There are many humanoid tribes that still live in the jungles. They are probably the last descendants of vastly more civilized peoples. Their numerous temples and other ceremonial buildings can still be found, though it's unlikely they're in use. It's supposed that spirit guardians stand watch over these places. That's what the tribes say at any rate. When Redgorge was thriving, it was still possible to trade beads and baubles for ancient treasure. Not much of that anymore as contact with tribes has been less and less.

Redforge's founder also built a monastery near here. His symbol was an anvil. Why this was is lost to the current Redgorge residents. The founder was not a Dwarf. In any event, the monks of disappeared many decades ago and have not been seen since. Kobolds seem to have taken up residence in the place.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty Spider Village

Post  Sakusammakko Sun 22 Nov 2009, 23:38

Feel free to post here what you'd like to do next in Spider Village.

It's about 30-60 minutes before sunset.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty I can't feel my legs!

Post  morienglyndwr Mon 23 Nov 2009, 09:43

Well, Alton is really interested in feeling his extremities once again. Being that we are about an hour from sundown, I would recommend that we leave spider-ville and set up a camp. Perhaps back by the boat in case we need to leave suddenly in the night? Assuming nothing happens overnight, I would suggest we come right back early tomorrow morning.

The rumors about the lost monastery have Alton quizzing the repeated arrival of Kobolds. Maybe they are coming from that very place? Possibly worth checking out once the spiders are dealt with (if we live through it).

And that is Alton's 2 coppers worth...
morienglyndwr
morienglyndwr

C&C Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 04 Dec 2009, 12:26

I agree with the idea. Let's pack up and head back to the boat and setup a camp there.

We should probably apply some herbs or ointment on Alton's wounds and bandage it up.

What do you guys think ? How about those sacks of salt ? We can carry it back to the boat too.

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty Returning to the boat before sundown

Post  Sakusammakko Wed 16 Dec 2009, 01:08

As you talk about your options, you notice that the jungle begins to come alive as it gets darker and cooler. Considering Alton's condition and taking into account Galin's suggestion, you head back to the boat to make camp.

Using lengths of the many vines from the jungle, you're able to fashion a stretcher to carry Alton back to the river. Along the way, you don't encounter any creatures, but you can hear the rising sounds of birds, animals and other creatures you're not able to identify.

Lyzasser is still waiting for you with the boat. He's obviously made preparations to camp for the night if necessary. He's taken some precautions to establish a perimeter that will warn if anything unusual approaches from the jungle. He seems neither impressed nor alarmed by Cadfan's tales of spiders and kobolds. He admits that the fighter is a good storyteller, though and offers him some of his tartweed. Lyzasser has seen a few of these bites before. With a decent night's rest, he supposes Alton will recover.

The night passes without further incident. Once night has fallen, the activity in the jungle dies down. There's still movement and sounds, but it's less noticeable.

You awaken just before dawn to the sounds of a jungle once more alive and active....
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty A more successful day's adventuring

Post  Sakusammakko Mon 11 Jan 2010, 00:40

I'm sure Cadfan will have a better recap of last night's session in his journal, so just a few high points here.

Leo and Deakon weren't feeling well so they stayed on board the boat while the rest went out adventuring.

We finished up last night session with figuring out what was in the top of the palm tree. It turns out that there was a large spider up there. The guys found a way to smoke it out and it made a run across the webs to escape. Unfortunately(?), the webbing couldn't hold its weight and it fell to the ground. Where it landed, it was trapped in a corner and had to fight. It bit both Cadfan and Galin. Cadfan managed to escape suffering the effects of the poison, but Galin succumbed. He fell unconscious and his body spasmed uncontrollably. Once the spider was killed, the party managed to bring him back to 0 hit points, but his body's been paralyzed by the strength of the poison.

Tenkar, Cadfan and Alton decided to carry Galin back to the boat where he could be treated properly before night fell. You'll begin the next session at the boat.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty Return to Redgorge

Post  Sakusammakko Sat 17 Apr 2010, 19:51

The Delvers' returned to Redgorge with the Spider Queen, Galaron's body and a ship full of treasure. The enormous queen seemed to cause anxiety and nervousness around town. Enough inhabitants had head about what happened in Fara, that they're not sure they want the danger in Redgorge. It's been difficult getting much cooperation around town for moving the spider, etc. You can hear the whispers and rumors as townsfolk speculate about your intentions (none of which seem to include much honor).

Suribar is very pleased that you've brought the captured queen to him. He doesn't have much gold to offer you in exchange for the creature, maybe 80-90 gold coins. He promises, though, that he will be happy to experiment on her to see if he can make items from her silk including nets, ropes, lightweight armor.... He may be able to create new antivenom or other natural remedies. How does that sound?

Galin's family is devastated by their loss, but thank you for bringing him back to them. They will see that he is buried properly. Galaron's family is grateful for the return of his remains. The rest of Redgorge's citizens aren't too sure about what to do with the villagers' bodies you've brought back. It's as though they're afraid of catching some kind of disease. They'd prefer that you find a decent way of disposing of the bodies.

You've been quite fortunate that there are some traders in town who are willing to look at the items you've brought back from the village. They only come down to Redgorge 3-4 times a year.

Here's an inventory of your items, what you've been offered and some info that goes with them. I need to have suggestion on what to sell and what to distribute:

492 gold coins
2 gold rings, 120gp ea.
You've learned that the coins, while perfectly acceptable as tender, are also a bit unusual. They bear the markings of an old Umeshti tribe, the Akan, who once had a large kingdom-- that's what one of Suribar's assistants claims. These people used to be very powerful and known for their goldsmithing. Apparently, their kingdom collapsed when the Golden Stool, the sacred source of their power, was stolen.
The rings may be from the same source. Though neither appears to be magical, each as a unique symbol carved upon it. A trader has offered to buy them. If you don't choose to sell them, you may keep them and consider them to be portable currency (like gems).

Umeshti Adventure Notes Golden10
Umeshti Adventure Notes Golden11

2 silver torques (armbands), 250gp each
2 mallets, value uncertain
Leo's father, the silversmith, has been able to appraise the torques somewhat accurately. They bear the mark of an anvil. They may have something to do with the long-abandoned monastery, who's symbol was an anvil. That may be where the mallets come from, too. They look like smith's mallets, but are not strong enough for real smithing. Are they ceremonial, somehow? Very strange. Leo's father offers to store them.
The torques don't have to be sold. They, too, can be thought of as portable currency.

jade pendant in the shape of a bird, 360gp
2 carved jade stones, 320gp each
ceremonial clothing depicting bird-men and decorated with colorful feathers, uncertain value
2 obsidian knives, 100gp each
jaguar skins, 125gp total
ceremonial staff with bird head, 40gp
These items seem to go together. You have discovered that some great jungle kingdom may have existed. These items may have been stolen from one of their burial grounds that are supposed to lie beneath the jungle's surface.
You have been offered these amounts for the items.

Adamantine dagger, 2400gp
The adamantine dagger gets the most attention from the traders and you suspect that they are offering you closer to its real value than the other items. There is speculation about where the material for this dagger came from and who shaped it in the first place. This must be ancient stuff. Maybe that's what Alek was looking for in the jungle. His map does seem to lead to a volcano of some kind.

Talk to me about distribution and sale.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  tegeus Mon 19 Apr 2010, 05:28

A few thoughts:

1. We'll take Suribar's money and more importantly he is supposed to be helping prepare us for our expedition into the Jungle on the trail of that Explorer.
2. I am okay with paying for the burial of the corpses from the village. And giving a portion of my haul to the families of Galaron and Galin.
3. I'd like to keep a handful of the old gold coins. The rest can be spent on outfitting our expedition or changed to gems.
4. I think we should keep the rings.
5. Keep the dagger - naw I think we can sell it.

Next step is to re-equip and then set up an expedition into the jungles following our treasure map.

tegeus
(Cadfan)
tegeus
tegeus

C&C Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_H Tue 20 Apr 2010, 18:30

Treasure Thoughts

-Galin & Bodies: I'm okay with helping out the the burial of the bodies, and giving a small sum to Galin's family (small...I am greedy, but they are fellow villagers :b)
-Rings: Keep. This is a good adventure lead and they might come in handy.
-Mallets: Keep. Another adventure lead and we may need them in the near future.
-Armbands: I'm okay with either keeping or selling them.
-Jade Items: Sell
-Ceremonial Clothes, obsidian knives, jaguar skins, ceremonial staff: I'm okay with selling them, unless someone thinks we might need them to investigate the burial grounds later.
-Adamantine Dagger: Besides it's money, is it a 'better' weapon at all? If not, i'm okay with selling it.

It seems from this we have three potential Adventure Leads:

Kingdom of the Golden Stool: See if we can't find this/investigate the old kingdom. If they're gold smiths, there's a good chance of nice treasure.

Monastary and Mallets: Investigating the old monastary could be a nice distraction.

Treasure Map to the Volcano: Is this the treasure map tegeus is refering to?
Mr_H
Mr_H

C&C Character Sheet
Name: Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  tegeus Wed 21 Apr 2010, 02:00

All is revealed in Chapter 1 of the Dark heart. But basically the original hook for coming to Redgorge was a treasure map.

tegeus
tegeus
tegeus

C&C Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty What to do...

Post  morienglyndwr Wed 21 Apr 2010, 20:28

Suribar - The reward seems a bit underwhelming considering all it took to get the queen back, but the possibility of future elixirs and special items could well make up for it. I would vote to take the deal.

Galin/Villagers - I will be giving some coin to Galin's family and will spend as much time as it takes with them to better deal with his passing. I will have to find a suitable way to deal with the other bodies. If nothing else, I will perform my own ritual for them via funerary pyre outside of town.

Treasure - I would vote to distribute the old coins for each to do what they wish. I would keep the rings (I would be willing to give up their value in coins) as they might prove valuable farther inside the jungle. Let's keep the mallets stored as offered and probably keep the torques too. I would suggest that we take the ceremonial items with us, they might be good peace makers if we find the tribes that they were stolen from. I don't know what to do about the dagger. I am not convinced that there isn't something more to that dagger and for the traders to offer so much makes it all the odder.

And that is my 2 cents.... See everyone next session! Smile
morienglyndwr
morienglyndwr

C&C Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty discussion

Post  Furio74 Sun 25 Apr 2010, 03:52

Olli thinks we should keep the rings, mallets, and dagger (for further investigation) but liquidate everything else....

Pete

Furio74

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty Sell or Keep Summary

Post  Sakusammakko Sun 25 Apr 2010, 14:49

While Tenkar was in his cups and Zorovar was hitting the books, Cadfan, Alton, Leo and Olli made some decisions about what to do with all of the items they brought back from the village:

1) Suribar gives you 87gp for the captured queen. He'll provide some other natural items before you travel again.

2) Cadfan, Alton and Leo donate to Galin and Galarons' burials.

3) The 492 coins will be divided (equally?)

4) The gold rings will be kept. Not sure yet who will wear them.

5) There is disagreement over whether the torques should be sold or kept.

6) The mallets will be kept.

7) The jade items and jaguar skins will be sold

Cool There is disagreement over whether to keep or sell the ceremonial items (clothing, obsidian knives, staff)

9) There is a lack of agreement over whether to see the dagger or not.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty What to do next

Post  Sakusammakko Sun 25 Apr 2010, 15:01

Mr_H wrote:

It seems from this we have three potential Adventure Leads:

Kingdom of the Golden Stool: See if we can't find this/investigate the old kingdom. If they're gold smiths, there's a good chance of nice treasure.

Monastary and Mallets: Investigating the old monastary could be a nice distraction.

Treasure Map to the Volcano: Is this the treasure map tegeus is refering to?

Building on Jon's suggestions, could you please comment on which of these you prefer or is there something else you'd like to explore?

Thanks.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  tegeus Sun 25 Apr 2010, 23:31

We need to talk to a local guide and get all of these locations on a map. Cadfan is not thrilled with tramping through jungles so if there is something closer he would vote for it.

As far as the knick-knacks he prefers to sell everything that the other Delvers do not feel strongly about keeping.

tegeus
tegeus
tegeus

C&C Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_H Mon 26 Apr 2010, 17:19

I'm okay with selling the Dagger, if it's not a 'special dagger' (IE, if it gives us say, +1 to damage it might be worth keeping for the time being).

The Kingdom of the Golden Stool sounds like it could be a long running thing. Plus they were 'goldsmiths', what's not to like about that word?

The Monastery might be a nice quick adventure. If it's close to the village, we'd have a good base to work from as well.

I'm okay with going with either of those.
Mr_H
Mr_H

C&C Character Sheet
Name: Leo

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty Items kept, sold and a man named Rhoddam

Post  Sakusammakko Mon 03 May 2010, 10:09

Alton convinced the Delvers to hold onto the silver torques and the dagger a little longer. You haven't decided who they should go to just yet, but the party will keep them for now. On the other hand, Leo's impassioned case that keeping the ceremonial items would just weigh you down was accepted. These items have been sold to the Cauldron traders that happened to be in town.

Cadfan learned of a man named Rhoddam, a huntsman who lives on the edge of the jungle, who might be able to help the Delvers find the monastery. Rhoddam hasn't been seen in town for awhile, but he would probably be the best person to ask. Cadfan has received directions on how to get to his abode.

While Cadfan started asking around town about who could guide the Delvers to the monastery, Leo did some investigations into the Golden Stool. Nobody knows how you'd find it, but townsfolk have heard legends that there was once a city of gold in the jungle. A great people, the Cambeba (?), ruled the land in houses taller than the treetops. They might be the ones that have this golden stool.
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty Next Adventure

Post  Furio74 Mon 03 May 2010, 20:42

Olli would be interested in the Monastery, as he has heard rumors that they once held great knowledge in the art and science of naturalism/herbalism.

Pete

Furio74

Back to top Go down

Umeshti Adventure Notes Empty The first foray into the monastery

Post  Sakusammakko Mon 04 Oct 2010, 23:39

Back at the base camp after their first complete foray into the Umeshti monastery and the Delvers discover a few things from their adventure:

1) The coin haul was not great. Only 262 silver coins and 69 gold coins. The marks on these pieces are unlike anything they've seen. They definitely come from some other source in the jungle than Redgorge, Cauldron or points east.

2) The robe that Alton found is pale gray in the front with a darker hue in the back. Blue threads have been woven throughout. This robe gives off a blue and whie aura when you cast a detect magic spell on it.

3) Alton's not sure how to test the translucent, white liquid that he's found. Leo's experience with these things makes him wonder if it's similar to the fluid used to hide the writing on messages after they'd been read....
The silvery powder in the pouch is also a bit of a mystery. The best idea so far has come from Cadfan. He seems to recall hearing of something like this while the Delvers were laid up in Cauldron. It seems some amantes would sprinkle dust around the room to ensure there weren't any hidden guests lurking about....

4) You're still reading through the books for details, but it seems like the monks went on two expeditions into the jungle and were planning a third. The maps show two of the locations and describe some of the motivations for going. It's a good story, but it's hard to read in this light....
Sakusammakko
Sakusammakko
Admin

C&C Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down